Champions

Champions

lundi 10 février 2014

Interview de Jay Bradley au RCWR Show!

Source: TNAsylum.



L'ancienne superstar de la TNA a récemment été interview pour le RCWR Show. Vous pouvez écouter l'interview dans la vidéo ci-dessus, où lire le résumé fait par

On his release from TNA:
"I can look at it in a negative way and let it sour me or I can be like Tupac who said to just shrug and say F it and move on, you know what I mean? I'm not going to let the black cloud or anything follow me to the next job. There is no bitterness to be skewed or anything like that. It's business. After being in professional wrestling for the last 10 years, I understand how the business works in ways that I am sure people might not understand it. There's no money owed to me by TNA; they've met the end of their contract and I have not only met but exceeded mine. But as far as what happened, it's easy to tell that the company itself is going through a lot of changes and I think I just got caught up in that in a negative way and got pushed aside because of it. Just look at the last six months; they've had major executive changes and major leadership changes. A lot of major names have left the company as far as talent goes and a lot of new guys have come in. As far as the new names coming in, yeah, I felt I wasn't taken advantage of as a businessman and as an athlete. You have to have that confidence coming in and as I am hearing about it on TV or through the wrestler grapevine, yeah, I fit right in with this, so why not give me the ball and run? Unfortunately I don't have an answer to that. All I've been told is that the company cannot afford to keep me on payroll and keep me sitting at home, as small as my monthly check was. The resources weren't available to do that any further and they had kind of templated out the television for the next few months with this investor storyline and Dixie Carter sort of thing and didn't see me fitting into it."

Concernant son départ de la TNA:
Il n'a pas de pensée négative, c'est le business selon lui. Il continue d'aller de l'avant car il connait les risque du métier. Cela fait 10 ans qu'il est dans le business, donc il peut comprendre comment cet univers professionnel fonctionne. La TNA n'avait pas d'argent pour lui. En regardant les six derniers mois, on constate que la fédération a fait beaucoup de restriction budgétaire, elle a choisi une autre direction, de gros noms sont partis, il y a des changement au niveau de l'équipe créative, de la direction. De nouveaux noms sont arrivés et on ne l'a pas exploité. Il n'a pas de réponse. La TNA ne pouvait pas continuer à lui payer son petit salaire.

On some of the ideas that he pitched to TNA creative:
"From the beginning I was one of the original people that jumped Sting when the Aces and Eights started. I was one of the original people they were considering for the storyline for the long haul when it first started, but I was also told that the company saw more in me than just being part of a gang to show more potential in the future, which is kind of odd now because they said before and now they've released me but I guess that's just how things have played out.

About the Bound For Glory Series gauntlet match, again, things just changed, man. That's all I can say. There was a small spotlight on me on the microphone for one episode and a backstage pre-tape and it just kind of dropped. I think that was the last time you saw me on Impact, it was kind of like "Well, what happened to that? Where did that story go?" It never got tied up and I thought it would've been kind of fun. It was even something I was throwing at creative at one point. They put the spotlight on me and they've got this big looking guy that could grab a tree trunk out of the ground, and now we're alluding that maybe he's a hired gun. I pitched the idea that maybe it was E.G.O. These three guys who are all about the same size and have similar wrestling styles, and I pitched the idea that why don't I just come in and be the muscle of the group and do a Diesel type of thing that Shawn Michaels was doing in the 90's.

I also threw the idea out there that I was Dixie's hired guy and that she hired me to take out AJ Styles. The plan was received as far back that I would be Dixie's personal bodyguard because she was a well-to-do woman in a man's world so she would probably need a bodyguard. So why not put a big guy like me in front of her while she does her business? Again, those were just two ideas that I threw at them but you know, I got pushed aside. They're not going to take everything you throw at them and they're going to move in the direction of the story that they want to tell and the business that they want to do on their television show. It happens all the time. It happened at WWE when I was there, I'm sure it happens at the Japanese companies when guys throw ideas for matches and feuds, and I'm sure it happens in companies like Ring of Honor which is almost a semi-national television company now. It's just the nature of the beast."

Quelques idées qu'il a apporté à l'équipe créative de la TNA:
Dès le départ, il aurait dû attaquer Sting et faire partie des Aces & Eights. Il était un des lutteurs qui initialement, auraient dû faire partie du gang, mais d'un autre coté, il sait que la fédération pensait qu'il valait mieux que cela, pour montrer son potentiel dans le futur, ce qui est paradoxale puisqu'ils l'ont "libéré" de son contrat. 

Lors des Bound For Glory Series, il aurait dû avoir un léger spot light, avec un segment au micro et des promos backstages mais c'est tombé à l'eau. Il pense que se fut la dernière fois que l'on vu sur un ring, lors des BFGS. La fédération avait ce gars au physique imposant qu'elle avait mis en avant pour ensuite sous entendre qu'il est un tueur à gage. Il a proposé d'être le lutteur au physique imposant de EGO et là encore, un peu l'idée ne passa pas.

Il a également essayé d'être un homme de main de Dixie Carter, pour s'occuper d'AJ Styles. L'idée faisait son chemin, dans ce monde de brute, Dixie pouvait bien avoir besoin d'un garde du corps. Pourquoi pas lui? Et encore une fois, ces idées n'ont pas été adoptées. Il sait cependant que c'est le business, parfois l'équipe créative accepte certaines idées et d'autre fois non. C'est comme çà. Tout le monde connait çà, çà arrive à la WWE et il est persuadé que çà se passe également comme çà dans des fédérations Japonaise, à la ROH.


On the criticisms towards TNA over the past several years:
"As for the TNA haters, I kind of understand it but I don't think it's necessarily deserved. There are hardcore fans that forget this is what they love rather than playing armchair booker or armchair wrestler so I think of it as if TNA goes away, all these people that you love to watch wrestle will no longer have a place to wrestle and you'll no longer have a place to watch wrestling. I also look at it as you have a company out there that tries new things. I'm not saying that WWE doesn't try new things, but you have a much more slower change. It's much more mythological.

TNA has tried so many things over the last 11 years, let's see what's going to work for them because I don't think they've found their niche yet. Vince McMahon has the WWE business model down pat and no one is going to beat him at it. I don't think TNA has their business model down yet so they like to try new things like exhibition guys for a while and then let's try Knockouts for a while and see what's getting people's attention. So I think that sometimes they've gotten the reputation and people are going to give you a mile of hate for what they don't like and an inch of praise. People are going to remember the negative more so than the positive and I think that's what sticks out in a lot of people's minds."

Sur le critiques faites à la TNA c'est dernières années:
Il peut comprendre les TNA haters (ceux qui détestent la TNA et ne peuvent que la critiqué négativement) mais il pense que çà ne sert à rien. Certains fans ne comprennent pas que si la TNA s'arrête, cela veut dire moins de lutte à la TV, pas de possibilité de voir quelque chose de différents, de voir une fédération qui essaye de nouvelles choses.

La TNA a tenté tant de choses différentes c'est onze dernières années, ils doivent trouver ce qui marche pour eux, il ne pense pas que la TNA a trouvé la bonne formule. Vince McMahon a son modèle à la WWE et il ne le change pas. Il ne pense pas que la TNA a son modèle type, ils tentent plutôt des choses avec telles où telles divisions et analyse ensuite la réaction des fans. Il explique aussi qu'il pense que les fans se souviennent plus facilement des choses négatives que du positif.


If TNA will ever relocate their business outside the United States:
"No, I don't think they could just pack up and take their business elsewhere. I don't see them losing the Spike deal either. The Spike deal comes up later this year, but I've always seen Spike to have a lot of clout in what goes on in Impact Wrestling so I don't see that relationship changing. They are still a top rated program for Spike and this is a good situation for TNA, a national product for television. As far as the international markets go, yeah, they do very strongly.

Even in Japan when I was there, they had only been around for a year and it wasn't the greatest time slot, but it was still doing very well. They renewed it for five years so they will be doing it for the station in Japan for the next five years and I know they renewed for Challenge TV or whatever the UK carrier is. I know they do extremely well in Europe and so does WWE. They do pretty well over there because it's still kind of new. It's still kind of the new thing to do, so if you get WWE and TNA over there to Glasgow or London once a year, it's going to get a better turnout than having it happen in the United States."

La TNA doit-elle se concentrer sur le marché hors USA:
Non. Il pense que Spike Tv va prolongé son accord car Spike Tv a beaucoup d'influence et il ne voit pas cette situation changée. La TNA est toujours sur une télévision nationale, c'est un produit national qui connait une forte expansion internationale.Elle se développe au Japon, a signé un accord pluriannuel avec Challenge TV. Comme la WWE, elle se débrouille bien en Europe car les choses y sont légèrement différentes. Si vous vous y rendez une fois par an, vous aurez toujours de meilleures affluence qu'aux USA.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire